The Database Administrator works under the direction of the Director of Programming and must be an experienced and responsible individual who has personally performed the DBA role in a multi-server, production environment. The candidate must have experience with MS SQL Server 2005, 64bit edition running on Win 2003 Server and MS SQL Server 2008 R2, 64bit edition running on Win 2008 Server.
*Must have hands-on, day-to-day experience with backup/recovery, performance tuning and trouble-shooting and, most importantly, enterprise-level disaster recovery planning.
Also recent, hands-on experience managing multiple SQL servers with strong skills in the areas of server monitoring and disaster recovery planning. The right candidate not just “know” how to do these tasks, but should be actively doing them in a current, or recent, position.
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
• 3 to 5 years managing Microsoft SQL Servers including Standard and Enterprise editions;
• Design and manage a replication strategy when the need arises;
• Manage database tuning and maintenance plans;
• Familiarity with source control systems such as Visual Source Safe or SVN;
• Experience with MS Access and VBA (Visual Basic for Applications).
• Disaster recovery planning allowing us to quickly restore business functionality after hardware failure or in the event of a natural disaster;
• Manage the update of tables, views, referential integrity rules and stored procedures in the production environment from developer code;
• Enforce naming and other standards to all database objects;
• Daily monitoring of SQL jobs and database resources;
• Management of database and SSRS security;
• Management of database backups;
• Recommend optimization of indexes and data access plans to developers.
JOB SKILLS REQUIRED
• Ability to work effectively with all members of management and colleagues within the IT team;
• Ability to effectively handle multiple projects concurrently with the aptitude to effectively prioritize as project needs change;
• Excellent verbal communication skills and the ability to write effective correspondence and documentation.
This is a permanent fulltime position with full benefits as well as excellent expense allowance.
Referrals Welcome!! Sherlock is happy to offer a $ 500 referral bonus if your candidate is selected